Rebate Up to 80% + Best Basement Insulation
10+ years of experience in residential and commercial markets in Toronto, Mississauga & GTA
The Premier Basement Insulation Contractor In Toronto & GTA
Canada Energy Solution (CES) takes pride in introducing the most advanced yet next-gen basement insulation services in Toronto, offering next-level protection against harsh environments.
Because of the potential hazards in Toronto, it’s essential to hire a contractor with local experience and, in particular, knowledge of the right solution, making it ready for the user that’s where Canada Energy Solution comes in with hands-on experience in basement insulation in Toronto.
At CES, we realize that you should have your Basement Insulation task accomplished at an easily affordable cost and in a well-timed way. Canada Energy Solution wishes to become your first choice company for your Basement Insulation service needs. We have got the practical experience and skills to make sure that your task is accomplished efficiently.
Canada Energy Solution - Ontario’s top trusted heating and cooling specialist for over 20 years
Basement Insulation Rebate program
Available for a Limited Time.
Rebate up to
Receive a rebate up to 80% of insulation for your basement and Garage Ceiling
Rebate up to
Receive a rebate up to 80% of insulation for your basement up to $2,350
Canada Energy Solution
Guaranteed to receive the Ontario rebate program
Our Community Contributions
Supporting Our Future: Our Donation to SickKids
We won't be done unless you are satisfied with the job!
Benefits of Basement Insulation
Many older homes in Toronto have un-insulated basements and this can lead to any number of problems, from moisture damage, leakage, and heat or coolant loss. Energy bills can be hundreds of dollars higher with un-insulated basements.
Some of the key benefits of basement insulation are as follows:
- Save Energy & Cost – Heat loss from a basement can account for a significant portion of energy loss from your home, especially in Toronto. This may be up to as much as 25%. In order to combat this heat loss, it is recommended that you install basement insulation. Your energy costs will be reduced and your home will benefit in many other ways also. There are three common ways to insulate your basement walls: insulating exterior walls, insulating interior walls and insulating within a wall. Basement insulation will keep your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer, resulting reduce in energy consumption and cost, allowing you to save money.
- Lower Moisture Content – Many older homes have un-insulated basements and this can lead to any number of problems, from moisture damage, leakage, condensation, and weeping walls. Such problems will ultimately lead to the growth of fungi, mold, and mildew in the basement walls over time, which ultimately destabilized your structure badly. Remember that insulation is your best defense against conductive heat loss, but it can also be your best protection against moisture and possible mold problems. Best of all if you ever decide to sell your home it will increase the value of your home because of its protection.
- Prevent Water pipe Freezing – The cold climate of Toronto freezes water pipes, especially those located in the basement. With basement insulation, you can prevent this issue, which ultimately saves your cost in necessary water pipe repairing costs.
- Protecting Foundation Water – Houses with basement insulation protect the foundation and prevent accumulation of water from the outside, which late-on freezes and thaw cycles in colder regions, such as Toronto. Basement insulation acts as a buffer between outside water and structure, making it perfect to protect your structure.
Types of Basement Insulation
There are many types of insulation from which to choose:
- Fiberglass Insulation – Fiberglass insulation is sold in rolls or batts. It is one of the older forms of insulation. This cloth is generally more affordable, and easier to install. Fiberglass is made up of billions of strands of glass woven together. This allows for a greater surface coverage area at lighter weight. It is non-combustible and non-absorbent, making it a perfect option for many types of basement insulation.
- Spray Foam Insulation – Spray foam is probably the most effective and certainly one of the most popular techniques for basement insulation. Spray foam is an expanding foam insulation that is sprayed onto the surfaces of your home that you intended to have insulated. It instantly expands and dries into a hard air and watertight seal. Its application can be used on the interior or exterior of your building making it a very versatile choice.
- Foam Board Insulation – Foam board comes in sheets much like drywall. It is available in several thicknesses and R-value ratings as well. Common uses for foam board insulation are basement walls and on top of concrete basement floors between other types of flooring. Foam boards can be fitted between wall joists in your basement and will offer an excellent airtight barrier. This material can be used on the exterior of your home as well.
- Blowin-in Insulation – Blown-in basement insulation is made of either fiberglass or cellulose. It comes packaged in large blocks that are broken down in the insulation blower.
Frequently Asked Questions
The question then becomes whether to insulate the basement exterior or interior. Insulating the exterior keeps the foundation concreted within the home’s thermal envelope, reducing the likelihood of temperature swings. It also protects waterproofing and doesn’t reduce the interior space in your basement. It is easier to insulate and keeps the interior wall exposed, which allows for inspection of cracks. It is probably the preferred method of basement insulation for new homes.
However, interior basement insulation works better with the construction schedule, since it can happen later in the process, and won’t interrupt the excavation backfill process. It is easier to connect the below slab insulation and the wall insulation.
Attic Insulation Reviews from Google
What Our Customers Are Saying
Quality, Responsiveness, Value
I got my attic insulation done about 3 days ago,David and his team did great job making the insulation thick and even,after the work I can feel the difference in my bedroom,the government audit was passed too approved their work quality,great service,great price,definate worth it and will recommand
- Luo qiaorong -
Cover quite lot of the cost
My 20 year old house had tempriture problem on some of the bedroom for many years, though it's time for us to top up the insulation in the attic, there comes John the inspector, I got his number from my colleague, he came and check my attic the very next day I called him and luckly he found out I can be qualified for the government rebate program to cover quite lot of the cost for me, he patiently walked me through the details and helped me do the application.
-Meng Darren -
Very courteous and professional
I got inspector John's number from my friend who have had his service before. He responsed very quickly, called me the same date, and came visit my house the next day. He was very courteous and professional, checked many places in my house and dignosed where the problems are coming from, turns out I only had less than 7" of the insulation on my attic, and its unevenly distributed everywhere, even saw...
- Bella Chen -
Increased to 21 inches
I had my attic insulation increased to 21 inches last weekend. I was skeptical at first when Jakey told me about the numberous benefits of increased attic insulation. Right now, I think the upper rooms feels much warmer and the furnace seems to be running less as well.
- Chunyang Liu -