Tips and Guidelines to Installing a Split System Air Conditioner
The air conditioner has become an indispensable electrical appliance. Although most of the time the air conditioner must be installed by us, it is still necessary to understand the installation process of the wall-mounted air conditioner. Today, Canada Energy Solution will tell you about the wall-mounted air conditioner. Knowledge about installation. Hope to help friends in need.
Wall-mounted air conditioner installation
1. The choice of installation location. The indoor unit should be hung on a solid wall, and the height is generally 1.8-2m. However, in any case, there should be a gap of 0.1m between the indoor unit and the roof to facilitate ventilation. The installation location should also consider the convenience of drainage of condensate.
The outdoor unit can either be suspended on an external wall or placed on a base directly fixed on the outdoor ground. The installation location should meet the requirements listed in the manual (distance from surrounding buildings).
2. Install the indoor unit. Take off the bottom plate of the indoor unit and press it horizontally on the selected wall position. Mark the holes on the wall according to the positions of the holes indicated by the arrows around the bottom plate, then drill the holes on the wall with an electric drill, plug in the plastic expansion anchor bolts, use wood screws to pass through the indicated bottom plate holes, and screw in the expansion anchors Tighten the bottom plate in the bolts.
Next, open the wall holes. The holes are used for the connection pipes and wires of the indoor and outdoor units that need to pass through the wall and become obsolete. The position of the hole on the wall is determined by the round notch on the floor of the indoor unit. When opening a hole, use an electric drill to drill a small hole around the circular gap, and then use an iron chisel to cut through the hole, which is accurate and time-saving. When excavating a wall hole, the wall hole should have a slope from the inside to the outside to facilitate the drainage of condensed water.
3. Install the outdoor unit. Use 40mm×40mm angle iron to weld the unit bracket to make the window air conditioner support bracket shown in Figure 12-10 (this bracket is used when the outdoor unit is installed on the external wall). If the outdoor unit is to be placed on the ground, thick wood square or I-beam should be used as the base, and the unit should be rotated on the base and fixed with bolts.
The unit is installed on the mud ground, so it is necessary to ram the concrete base. If the unit is installed on the top of the floor or on the ground of the balcony, this work can be eliminated and the base can be directly fixed on it.
4. Pipe connection. When the indoor and outdoor units are installed separately, the refrigerant pipes and control wires between them can be connected.
The refrigerant pipe of the split wall-mounted air conditioner is divided into two sections. One section is the rear belt of the indoor unit (its length does not exceed the width of the indoor unit casing), and the other section of separate pipes (two in total) generally have a length of 3, 4. There are three standard lengths of 5m, of which 5m is the most. The outdoor unit does not have a pipe, and there is a joint connecting the refrigerant pipe on the casing of the unit.
5. Wiring. Wire connection of indoor and outdoor units: First, understand the electrical schematic diagram and wiring diagram on the unit. The connecting wires are generally equipped with the machine. If necessary, you must prepare your own wires and have the same specifications.
When connecting wires, make sure that the colors of the wiring terminals match, and then connect them with wires of the same color.
6. Trial operation. First, plug in the power plug, and then set the switch to the “COOL” position. When the green indicator light is on, it indicates that the machine has started cooling. If the switch is set to the “HEAT” position, the heating red indicator light is on, indicating that the machine has turned to heat.
When the machine is running, pay attention to whether there is a calligrapher in the running and turning conditions. After 10 minutes of ventilation, you can feel the cold or warm air blown out by the wind.
Precautions for wall-mounted air conditioner installation
(1) When the cable is lengthened, the original cable should not be cut off and connected, and a new cable with a suitable length should be replaced. The new cable should meet the standard used by air conditioners.
(2) The wires should not touch the connecting pipe, compressor, fan, and other running parts.
(3) The internal wiring cannot be changed at will.
(4) If the air conditioner is installed in a place susceptible to voltage fluctuations or electromagnetic interference, it is best to add a magnetic ring or twisted pair to the control line to prevent the air conditioner from being interfered with and malfunctioning, especially the inverter air conditioner and patio air conditioner must use the machine itself The self-contained signal control line must not be lengthened or used without the machine’s self-contained line.
(5) The screws should be tightened, loosening will cause overheating or component failure, and there is a risk of fire.
(6) When wiring, follow the wiring diagram or electrical control principle and connect according to the corresponding colors and identification symbols.
(7) Use wire clamps and fixing screws to fix the power connection and signal control wires.
(8) Excess wires should be wrapped in the connecting pipe assembly. It is forbidden to wrap the excess wires around the plug to avoid eddy current heating and accidents.
After the air conditioner is installed, there is another very important point that needs to be tested. This is something that you must not save. The test is to see whether the various components in the air conditioner are connected, whether the internal refrigerant can circulate normally, and whether there is any leakage of the refrigerant. If you can hear the normal sound of internal airflow during the test, and if you notice a pungent odor at the air valve, immediately close the air pressure valve, so the test is considered successful.
The above is a brief introduction to the topic of “precautions for installation of split air conditioners”. It should be noted that the use of air conditioners is actually inseparable from the installation. Therefore, it is generally not recommended to install air conditioners by yourself. It is best to ask for a professional Installed master to perform the operation.