Air Conditioner Not Working? Best Repair Expert in Toronto
The most troublesome problems of the air conditioner during the use of the air conditioner are nothing more than those. It is not cooled, noisy, and cannot be turned on. Among these reasons, the failure to turn it on is very confusing. The air conditioner is broken, but it is caused by my own operation error. Therefore, understanding the specific reason why the air conditioner cannot be turned on is very helpful to repair your AC unit.
- Garbled characters or freeze frames appear on the screen. Press the reset button to release, or the battery power is low.
- The temperature is not displayed. In the air supply or automatic mode, the temperature is not displayed.
- If the receiving head is damaged or damp and cannot work normally, check the transmission of the remote control signal. Use a digital camera (mobile phone also available) to aim at the launching port, press any button to see if there is an infrared signal.
- The mode is incorrect, or the temperature setting does not meet the power-on conditions. When cooling, the set temperature should be less than the indoor temperature, and when heating, the set temperature should be greater than the indoor temperature.
- Low battery power will cause short remote control distance or remote control impossible. It is recommended to remove the battery when the air conditioner is not in use and reinstall or replace it when in use.
- The power is not properly connected or is out of power, the power cord socket is in poor contact, or the power cord is thin or aging.
- The power supply voltage is low. Starting voltage of fixed frequency air conditioner: 187V, voltage fluctuation range: 198-242V, starting voltage of inverter air conditioner: 156V, voltage fluctuation range: 176-264V, it is recommended to install a voltage stabilizer at home.
- Delay protection. In order to protect the life of the press, a protection circuit is designed in the control circuit of the air conditioner computer board, and the press will start after a delay of 3 minutes.
- Prevent heating and cold wind. When the air conditioner is heating, when the indoor unit coil temperature is lower than a certain value, the internal unit will not operate. Generally, after 3-5 minutes of preheating, the internal unit will start to work.
- The computer program of the air conditioner is messy, making the machine unable to perform scheduled work.
- Function lock protection. Some brands or models have a child lock function. If you are in lock mode and cannot perform any operations, you can refer to the manual to release it.
How to check the specific reasons why the air conditioner cannot be turned on?
- Is the air conditioner system pressure normal?
If the system pressure is not normal during the operation of the air conditioner, the compressor will be affected. When judging whether the air conditioner system pressure is normal, you can use an air conditioner filling machine to check the system pressure. If it is found that the upper and lower pressures of the air conditioner system are normal compared with the normal value in the static state, then it can be ruled out that the air conditioner compressor does not start due to lack of refrigerant.
- Insufficient refrigerant
This is the most common reason. The impact of insufficient refrigerant in the air conditioners is in all aspects. Generally speaking, there are two reasons for the insufficient refrigerant. One is that the system is leaking, and the other is that improper installation causes the refrigerant to evaporate faster.
When it is found that the refrigerant of the air conditioner is insufficient, the air conditioner should be inspected and repaired by soap foam and other methods, and the leaking part should be found, and then the work of adding fluoride should be carried out.
- The air was not cleaned out during the installation of the air conditioner
When the air is not cleaned, it usually occurs when the air conditioner is moved. Because the operation of the move may not be standardized enough, the residual moisture becomes an ice block. When the compressor is overloaded during operation, its temperature will continue to increase, and the compressor’s refrigerating oil is prone to deterioration under such conditions. In the end, it will not be able to lubricate and cool down. It is difficult for the compressor under high temperature to work normally, and the winding resistance, etc. cannot operate normally, and the compressor may be damaged in the long term.
- The power is not connected
When the air conditioner is in use, if its power supply is not connected well, or the contact between the plug and the socket is poor, or the power cord is aging, these reasons will cause the compressor to fail to start normally. Under normal circumstances, the starting voltage of the fixed frequency air conditioner is 187V. The voltage fluctuation range should be 198-242V, while the inverter air conditioner’s starting voltage is 156V, and the voltage fluctuation range is 176-264V. If the air conditioner compressor does not start due to unstable voltage, it is recommended that you install a voltage stabilizer at home.
When the air conditioner is actually overhauled, if the compressor of the air conditioner does not rotate, and its power supply voltage is normal, the tested structure is that the coil is open. Don’t draw the conclusion that the compressor is damaged. At this time, open the compressor junction box, and then measure the compressor wiring terminals before determining the cause of the fault.
Usually, damage to the power supply line causes the compressor to work abnormally. During the inspection, if it is found that the compressor power supply line is damaged, the wiring terminals will usually appear rusty.
If the wiring is simply replaced, then due to the poor connection of the wiring terminals, the compressor will have a large current when it is working, which will cause ignition. The same failure will occur after a short while, so be sure to use sandpaper to clean the rusty surface of the terminal. If the compressor in the air conditioner does not start, the air conditioner will be idling. Although the air conditioner will rotate, the air conditioner cannot cool. It can only be cooled when the compressor is started.